Re: Windscreen chrome trim replacement

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windscreen chrome trim replacement
From: "Charles and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:06:12 -0500
>Anybody have any advice for replacing the chrome trim on the windscreen? I
>have heard that the material shrinks, and the gap at the bottom then
spreads
>to a length that will no longer be hidden by the little trim piece

I bought my replacement from British Parts Northwest and the first trim I
received was about 4" short - when I called the owner said they cut it off
in strips and he purposely cut the replacement about a 12" too long.  So
when I replaced the old one I made sure the gap was only about a 1/4" under
the trim piece.  Just some background advise when you order.

Charlie