Re: Escutcheons and tools

To: Mark Creamer <mcreamer@cinci.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Escutcheons and tools
From: Grego Sanguinetti <grego@accelerant.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:44:36 -0700
Mark Creamer wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, how come the wrenches are SAE? I would have guessed
> metric, but I'm used to performance bicycles, not European cars ;-)

These cars were all designed and tooled before England switched over to
metric. Remember, England is where we got this $#(*$&@^ SAE system
from.

Another tool that comes in REAL handy is those box end wrenches with
the S-curved handles and the swivel socket end wrenches. I end up using
those quite a bit.
Hard rubber and soft metal mallets are also useful. But place them in a drawer
with a key so you can't use them on impulse ;^) Another good suggestion is
to put a brittish car joke book in the same drawer with the hammers or
"persuaders" as my buds always called them.

-grego