Escutcheons and tools

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Escutcheons and tools
From: "John Phillips" <TR6@vigoris.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:32:33 -0500
Jim and Mark

First, escutcheons.  The small pin is inserted into the hole between the
escutcheon and handle.  The best way I have found to install them is to use
a small punch partially inserted from one side to hold the assembly
together.  Then use needle nose pliers to insert the pin from the other
side, finishing up by pushing the pin the rest of the way in, and the punch
out, with a screwdriver.

If you use something longer than the supplied pin, the escutcheon will not
slide over the ends of the pin to hold it in place.

Second, tools.  First and foremost, floor jack, unless you can afford a
lift.  A set of SAE end wrenches and assorted ratchets and sockets, nut
drivers, screw drivers, a synchronizing tool for the carbs and the special
tool to adjust the air fuel mixture.  Unless you plan on overhauling
engines, transmissions, differentials or rear hub assemblies, that will
probably get you by.  These cars are wonderfully simple.  A long handled
7/16" open end wrench is handy for removing the transmission and
differential plugs for checking levels or refilling.

You might find a place to use a Whitworth wrench, but no metrics that I know
of.  The screws on the carb dashpots (top) are posidrive, not Phillips.

Have fun.

John Phillips, Claremore, OK
Green Country Triumphs & Jaguar Enthusiasts Club
76 TR6 CF51655   89 XJS Convertible
 http://www.greencountrytriumphs.com/