Re: Trials 2000

To: <Trsx69@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trials 2000
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:51:44 -0500
Just catching up on some old reading and noticed the words host hotel, Clock
Tower, Rockford IL.

The year I left the Triumph Home, and took a couple of friends
with..............
Fired up the Cessna and within a few hours of departure, had  picked up a
rental, and was off to a National Healy Convention.
I remember standing in a huge parking lot with a least 250  + cars at that
time, and along comes  a group of racers ....... two teams,  U.S. and the
Brits., all numbered and painted  British racing green.

With my eyes in full feast & video tape rolling, and now asking ??? ,
what's going on here, where have they been, with their trailers sitting here
in the parking lot.

As they drove in, sporting banners & flying their flags ..... revving those
beefed up plants for the crowd.
Turns out they were just coming back from some  track near by, and we had
Missed Out.
I heard it said, that they had been doing time trials all morning at some
track.

 So my ? is ....... anybody know of this track, or other happening trials
events that might be taking place.

We did not have any trouble finding vacancy about a mile or two down the
road  from the Clock Tower on a Saturday around  one / two o'clock.

And that was even with a national Ladies Soft Ball tournament going on
Sorry I can't give a description of Clock towers night life, cause we ended
up at some bar with live music, filled with ladies soft ball teams

DON