Answer to running problem!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Answer to running problem!
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:25:46 -0400
First off thanks to Fred Thomas and Dick Taylor for their suggestions about
my running issues.

Fearing I was going insane, and not getting anywhere, another LBC friend of
mine came over this evening and found the trouble spot.  The counterweights
on the distributor were free!  Somehow they broke their pins and were
scraping around the inside of the housing, and since they were hidden under
the springs and a little plate it never looked out of the ordinary to me.

Unfortunately, one of the spare parts I don't have on hand is a core
distributor... have to go pick one up tomorrow.  (have a bunch of non
necessities like half shafts and shocks!)

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)