'73 - '74 dash sold, also woodcraft question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '73 - '74 dash sold, also woodcraft question
From: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov (Richard R Olson)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:05:45 -0400
     Listers,

     First, the dash was sold within 2 hours of posting to the list(s).
     Isn't the 'net wonderful!

     Second, I like to thank scott s. and john t. among others, who
     noticed that I totally screwed up describing the wiper switch
     holes.  Yes, the '73 - '74 has a ROUND wiper hole, while my '72 has
     a rectangular hole (damn'd single speed wipers!).

     Woodcraft 101 question:
     Now, can somebody recommend a way to remove the yellowed, peeling
     shellac?/varnish on my '72 dash so I can refinish it.  There's no
     damage to the underlying wood veneer and I don't want to have to
     scrape it.  Also accepting suggestions on what is good to finish it
     with.... re-shellac, poly ?

     thanks,
     Rick Olson