windscreen aluminum capping strip removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: windscreen aluminum capping strip removal
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 15:11:04 EDT
Good to finally get back on line again with you experts.  I recently
purchased a replacement aluminum capping strip for the top of my windscreen
where the soft top rests and locks down.  Mine was quite scratched from
careless top attachment/removal by the previous owners.  Question:  How
should the old capping be removed to best prevent any damage to the
windscreen top?  It appears to be riveted.  I have never removed riveted
components from my car, so I am a little in the dark, although I do have a
hand riveter set. Should I just have my mechanic/British car restoration
person remove it and install the new one? (He is $55 per hour...is the
removal and installation a time consuming chore?)  I would prefer to do it
myself.

redtriumphtr6@aol.com

 (Bob Pierson)