windscreen capping strip removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: windscreen capping strip removal
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:26:39 EDT
Anyone out there removed/replaced your aluminum capping strip on the
windscreen?    I bought a replacement for mine (original pretty scratched
from careless soft top removal or putting back up).  I am referring to the
very top of the windscreen where the soft top latches on to the windscreen.
I have a hand riveter set, but do not know how to use it yet, nor have I ever
removed a component from my 74 1/2 which required rivet removal.  How do I
remove the old strip and how do I install the new one? I assume that I need
to weatherstrip/caulk it? Is this a task better left to a mechanic, or maybe
my car's restorer?                          redtriumphtr6@aol.com (Bob
Pierson)