Roller rockers

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roller rockers
From: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:54:48 -0400
        6 pack:
            Anyone considering a roller rocker set must be far enough along
on the evolutionary chain of performance to be warned of this fact.  By
increasing the valve springs, adding more cam lift and jumping up the
compression makes the rocker shaft pedestals the next weakest link in the
valve train . The stock pedestals are cast Alum. and very fragile. If you go
to a roller rocker only consider a set with  6061t Alum billet pedestals. Or
have some custom made.
            I am speaking from very fresh experience.  I broke a stock
pedestal at  SCCA National. at Indy. Race Park three weekends ago.  This is
not something you want to do at 7K RPM. I had been warned by other racers
and now you have too.
            If your not in the habit of running your engine up that tight
DON'T waste your money. You don't need rollers! You can lighten the stock
ones, replace the springs between the lifters with solid spacers and do so
much more to improve performance with out spending upwards of  $1000.00 on a
valve train you wont really use.
            David Wingett
                '74 TR-6 ,street
                ''75 SCCA  E Prod.