Best time to buy TRs is in October?

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best time to buy TRs is in October?
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:01:00 -0700
OK, you got me. Why is the best time to buy TR6's in October?

John Truttman/Santa Cruz

Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:41:58 -0400
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Subject: RE: Spooked

Mark:

Trust your gut when you get there and are able to meet the seller.  If his
house and garage are a mess, the car is dirty and he has no maintenance
records, leave immediately.  If he's super-anal about cleanliness and you
could eat off his garage floor, then I'd stay to look over the car.

I once went to Maine (from Ohio) to buy a fully original, perfect MGA with
44K original miles and a premium price.  I'll never know if the seller was
just an idiot passing on his mistakes or actively trying to rip people off,
but the car was full of filler, had a fake commission plate and myriad of
other faults.  I looked at the car for about 45 seconds and left.

But, I've also bought cars in Oklahoma and New Jersey, driven them home,
and had a very pleasurable buying experience with the cars described
exactly as they were...but those sellers seemed more honest on the phone
and I had a better feeling going into the deal.

Don't rush...there are plenty of TR6s out there...and October is a great
time to buy them.