Re: Unleaded OK?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Unleaded OK?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:46:22 -0700 (PDT)
Mark,

TR6s didn't come with hardened valve seats from the factory.  This was
okay back when leaded gas was available, but now that we can only get
unleaded, the seats loose their strength and the valves start receding
into the head.  Not good.  By putting hardened valve seats in the head
when doing a rebuild or head freshening, the engine is now okay for
unleaded.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/