Re: Intake Manifolds For Sale?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intake Manifolds For Sale?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:46:00 -0700 (PDT)
I've got the same plan, but I'm a few years away (have to save some
money first).  I was thinking about using PI manifolds (minus the
individual throttle butterflies-individual butterflies are not
appropriate for an EFI system using speed-density calculations).  The
injector housings must be modified to fit today's injectors.  I would
then use a Mustang 5.0 throttle body (cheap and very available) which
would make it easy to fit a throttle position sensor.  I plan to use
the kit from SDS (www.sdsefi.com) which does a crank fired coil pack
ignition ( no more distributor, and no more coil), and full control of
EFI.  It is fully programmable and uses a very user-friendly
programming environment.  No laptop necessary to do programming, it
comes with a hand held programmer that plugs into the ECU and you can
make changes to the program while driving.  Much easier to use than
other kits (like Electromotive).  It's about $1300, plus injectors. And
of course you'll need a fuel pump and return line for the fuel.  I
would strongly recommend checking out the SDS website.  It is very easy
to use and full of very useful info.  They have lots of info on
converting to EFI from carbs, including great advice on how to make a
manifold, fuel rail, etc.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/