2000-register

Re: Site Map

To: "Liz Clancy" <liz@long-dog.demon.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Site Map
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 23:55:55 -0000
>> Happy new year, to all triumph owners!
>>
>> ---Asgeir---
>> PS: Did anyone else think that the Triumph Industrial map that we received
>> with the latest SixAppeal was nice? I'd love to see pictures from the
>> facilities inside. Are there any photographs from the facilities?
>
>I second that!!  Well done John Mac!!!!  The map was a fantastic momento.

Glad you liked it. At the risk of repetition, that map is still copyright and
the logos on
it are the original genuine logos of Standard (mid 1930's) and Triumph. I
sweated much
sweat and blood to obtain their use and had to make certain undertakings before
BMIHT
would agree for the use to which they were put. May I just say at this point
that if
anyone is tempted to copy logos or map into a .jpg file to use on a website or,
even
worse, to sell as a decal or map reprint, they run the risk of BMW Patents and
Trademarks
Dept coming on them like a ton of bricks. Although the makes are now defunct,
the
trademarks are not and copyright is international. PLEASE DON'T LET ME DOWN !

As for pics of the inside of the plant, yes there are plenty. Several thousand
in fact. If
you need to know more or want a reprint, it will be necessary to make an
appointment with
the photographic archivist at Gaydon, a Mr. Karam Ram who will do his best to
help you.

Happy New Year to all

John