2000-register

Sod's Law (Murphy's in US)

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Sod's Law (Murphy's in US)
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 20:27:47 +0100
Hello all,

Had some fun yesterday, changing Tamaras driveshaft for a spare with a
decent wheel bearing. I left the inner section in place-someone on the
list said they had mixed and matched successfully.
It all went together well until I tried to put the spare shaft's inner
section onto the original outer-wouldn't fit-no way, not a chance.
Soooo, under the car I went to take off the original inner.  Cue long,
sweaty scrabble and four bolts later, I had the item off and tried it on
the shaft. I fitted but then so did the one which hadn't fitted earlier?
Now what's that all about?

Finally fitted all of the spare driveshaft (which had better UJ's). It's
stopped grunting on bends now.

Disgusted of York (Dave Hill)