Re: [Vintage-race] Trailer tires

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Vintage-race] Trailer tires
From: Sam & Greg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:26:09 -0500
A friend has a large gooseneck trailer, probably around 40' with
triple axles.  He was going through one or two tires almost every
trip.  He finally purchased 6 of the Michelin "Commercial" truck
tires and has not had a problem since.  They are pricey but may be
worth considering.

It seems that overkill is worth the extra cost.  On my 24' Haulmark
with a loaded weight of about 6K, I finally increased the size to
225/75-15 and went from load range C to D.  They are now 7 years old
and I haven't had a single failure (Yet!:-).

But, your mileage may vary.

Greg S.
82 Ralt RT5
Citation 95SF