Re: CART race yesterday

To: lwdent@fwi.com
Subject: Re: CART race yesterday
From: DSRGR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:44:14 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/01 6:46:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, lwdent@fwi.com
writes:

> As some of you may know, I was the first Chief Steward for John Bishop
>  at Taladaga very early on.
>
>  When John was forming IMSA he wrote me a note (I still have it ) asking
>  for any advice I might have on putting the race organization together.

I was pit crew for a Jag XK 120 in those early days and we went to Daytona
for a race with the "new" organization. We blew the engine on the second day
qualifying and "someone" (Bishop or ???) came to my driver and gave him his
entry fee back. He said that the car was a real crowd pleaser and he hoped we
would come back...... Gene

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///