Speed Wobbles... Still!

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Speed Wobbles... Still!
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:43:29 -0700 (PDT)
The front-end wobble that comes in at 65mph (and
leaves at just under 70) in my '62 Seven was thought
to have been a wheel balance problem... I swapped
wheels, front for rear, and the problem persists,
exactly the same wobble at the same speed. As I think
about it, the car exhibited this same behavior with
the previous set of wheels and tires!

Any ideas (besides wheel balance) what would cause a
speed related front-end vibration before I shake the
car apart?

I'm fairly sure it's a front-end issue as I can feel
it through the steering wheel quite plainly. The tops
of the front wings also bounce up and down
alternately...

Tips or suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
John Donohoe