Re: Race Spec Roll Bars in Street Cars with Convertible Tops

To: shiples@home.com
Subject: Re: Race Spec Roll Bars in Street Cars with Convertible Tops
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:25:23 EDT
In a message dated 07/08/2001 1:05:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shiples@home.com writes:

<<  a "roll bar specification" sheet that was based on the 1972 SCCA
 > GCR. It mainly deals with tube specifications and wall thickness required
for
 > various car weights. There are some recommended practices and brace angles.
 > We still send this sheet to anyone who wants it.
 <snip>
 If this is in electronic form and easy to send, I'd love to have a
 copy.
 My next step in my "competition career" is a track day in my 65 Super 7.
   I had planned on building a hoop with two back braces that would bolt
 to the existing frame tubing.

 Thanks
 Steve Shipley

Steve,

Here is the sheet. It is hard to put a useful bolt-on bar into a Lotus 7. The
common "street bar" bolts on top of the spring towers with braces back to the
rear body support tubes. At the very least I would have a forward tube that
goes from the main hoop to the passenger foot well cross tube.

jw

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of SCCA Roll Bar Regs.doc]