Re: MSD ?

To: PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net, vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: MSD ?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:01:55 EDT
In a message dated 06/07/01 6:37:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net writes:

> However, I think the car starts easer, and it would seem is a little more

I think that sums it up. It seems reliable, and I much prefer being able to
set a rev limit with an interchangeable chip. I used to have to play with
springs and a grinder, with a Lucas rev-limiting rotor on a distributor
machine - they came set for Lotus at 6500, and I wanted 7200 or so for the
Twincam MG. On 'interference' engines like the Twincam, valve bounce is not a
possibility to be countenanced!

Oh yes, and an MSD will jump a spark from the centre (with coil wire out) of
the coil to the side terminal!! And make a pit crew member who was holding
something a little too close to the coil, set the all time pit crew yell and
jump record!

Bill