Re: MSD ?

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: MSD ?
From: Phil Babcock <PHILLIPBABCOCK@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:23:50 -0400
Jack

Contrary to claims but manf. & magazines we have not seen a single gain
on any car before / after. Six changes were done while still strapped to
the Dyno in our shop.(fairly stock engines)  In fact on my Lotus I
actually lost 2 HP, when I called MSD at first they tried to give me the
runaround, then when they realized that I owned a Dyno, wanted to use the
MSD (really for the soft touch rev limiter) they gave me a guy, who
suggested changing the timing and jetting. I did so and was back to where
I started.

However, I think the car starts easer, and it would seem is a little more
responsive. If one had an engine "balls out" with very high compression,
I am sure there would be some gain, due to possible flame blowing BUT I
have not seen the gain in here. All the really balls out cars already
have them installed.

Hope this helps
Phil

--