Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Gee but I'd love to hear that again
From: "Robert Allred" <rallred@inconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:32:45 -0600
Ah, Mark,

My name and Jim Clark's in the same message....Wow!

No one appreciates more than I the disparity between my red & yellow
Crossle' FF, and the green & yellow race cars of classic Team Lotus!  And,
Wendover IVR is a long, long, way from Indy, and generations removed from
'60's F1.  Certainly a wider still gap separates Clark's skills and my own
late life, "Walter Mitty" efforts.

Racing, for me, like all other life endeavors, is a matter of doing what I
can, with what I have, at the time and place available.  Participation,
association, and identification are worthy and fitting rewards.  If they
inspire even a fleeting tribute to a real champion, so much the better!

Now, if I could just find a pair of those vintage knit back driving gloves!

Bob Allred  -  Riverton, Utah
Miata & Crossle' 32
Club Racing & Solo Events
<www.inconnect.com/~rallred>