Re: Overseas shipping

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overseas shipping
From: "Steve Schaeffer" <borrani@att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:23:55 -0800
Man,
Just insure the bejezuz out of it and ship it RO/RO.  I just paid over $4000
to have my '65 GTA shipped from Le Havre, FR to Seattle via 20' container,
it arrived today after 3.5 months.  Arrived with a nice karate chop dent
right about the grille, a pretty hard hit.  Just can't avoid damage unless
you babysit the car it seems.

Basic shipping was around $3200, but tack on Freight Forwarder fees and all
the rest and the price just keeps climbing.  Paid an additional $275 upon
arrival to rent a semi truck to take the container to a receiving facility,
offload the car, and dispose of the dunnage, which is just a few 2x4's
nailed to the deck to hold the car in place.

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA -finally!