Re: clutch rebuilding

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch rebuilding
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 00:13:17 GMT
>From: JWoesvra@aol.com

>The other material that you might find in an old shop is Velvetouch
>manufactured by S.K. Wellman Corp. It is more likely that you might find
>some
>velvetouch than Grey Rock. The one drawback of Velvetouch is that it must
>be
>bonded rather than riveted to the shoe. Actually, with modern adhesives
>that
>shouldn't be a problem.

Jack,

Once again your knowledge is amazing!  The stuff I've been using, for years,
is called Velvetouch and it is bonded to the shoes, as you say.

Have never had a problem with the bonding, and I have sometimes run the
linings down to very, very thin sections and it never de-laminates -- so
you're right about the adhesive part, too.

Regards,
Mark