Re: clutch rebuilding

To: ericsmgs@prodigy.net, lwdent@fwi.com, mgvrmark@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: clutch rebuilding
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:33:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/00 6:35:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ericsmgs@prodigy.net writes:

<<  Joint and Clutch in Charlotte, NC >>

I use Joint and Clutch in Columbia, SC. They built new half-shafts for my GT6
when I converted to Datsun outer hubs. Triumph flange on inboard end, Datsun
flange on the outer. Work great. They can make any drive-line component you
need. Of course they reline brakes and clutches too.

However, I'm sure that every big city has a similar service. Many have been
in business for a long time and may still have real asbestos lining material
such as Grey Rock hidden in the back. They are not supposed to use it any
more, but there is nothing better for drum brakes if you can find it.

A final thought for racers; it is really better to go to a Tilton style
clutch. This eliminates the deficiencies of the Borg & Beck type which is
prone to high rpm failure.  They also work well in oily conditions.

Jack Woehrle