Group 44

To: gnagy@intrepid.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Group 44
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:15:44 EDT
from gnagy:  "....according to the article ( Sportscar and Classic).. Tullius
and Furstenau are retired in the southeast and restoring WWII fighter planes."

>From LMR356:
Just to let you all know....I recall that Brian Furstenau died.. maybe (?)
5-6 years ago... flying one of his vintage WWII airplanes....he crashed near
Winchester, Va.......near Group 44s HQ and Summit Point Raceway.  I don't
recall the circumstances of the crash..other than I read that it was thought
to have been a mechanical problem.

Prior to Brian's accident....both Bob Tullius and Brian Furstenau  would buzz
the SVRA Blue/Gray and Jefferson 500 Summit Point races in those great
looking P51s and other WWII fighters during the lunch time break every year.

Lee Raskin
Brooklandville, MD
Arnolt-B and 356er)