Re: Fwd: Re: Liability

To: alfred@ajkco.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Liability
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 11:05:07 EDT
If we're going to name names, if Geico would spend more effort at equitably
settling claims instead of big bucks on radio commercials about how fast
their claims are handled, they might be worth the switch. They are fast, but
their adjuster showed up in a suit and tie at my wife's office parking lot
to settle the claim on her 944 hit from behind. No he didn't even look under
it and no he didn't even want to see her estimates from the Porsche dealer
or independent shop and yes his estimate was half of both the others, but
they were ready to settle. I argued with them for almost two years, then
wrote a letter to the Ohio board of insurance. Then they WERE fast. Turned
out both independent estimates were low and there was more hidden damage
underneath but I had the state board on my side. I could care less about
saving that 15% they claim on the radio. Ya get's what ya pays fer!

Roger