Re: Fwd: Re: Liability

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Liability
From: Tom M <tmatycho@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 19:31:34 -0700

Mark Palmer wrote:
<snip>

> >From: Larry Dent <lwdent@fwi.com>
> >To: Mark Palmer <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Liability
> >Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:50:28 -0500
<snip>
> >Finally, even though you may THINK the policy says one thing, if the
> >company places a different meaning on the item in question, then only
> >the courts can decide who is right.  All the while the legal profession
> >just smiles.  THEY ALWAYS WIN!!!
<snip>

Well that depends upon the carrier.  I have, among other legal work,
represented insurance companies in coverage disputes for most of my 22+
years legal career.  There are carriers who take seriously their
obligation to protect the interests of their insureds.  Then there are
companies (and it seems these are often companies in which MBA's have
gained authority over the claims department) who see their task as
simply to prevent money from leaving the company for any reason.

Tom M.