Re: Filters for velocity stacks

To: lotus.tony@airmail.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Filters for velocity stacks
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 21:38:07 EDT
Just make sure what ever brand they are that they have the spring inside to
keep them from being sucked closed and even down into the carb throat like
the early ones did on our Datsun 510 rally car in the early 80s, with dual
Mikuni-Solex and "socks".

Also, if you run them in the rain, they tend to get water saturated and make
the carbs go very rich.

Roger