Re: Let's play whatisit again.....

To: vintagegarage@erols.com, haynes386@netzero.net, gerrybraz@voyager.net
Subject: Re: Let's play whatisit again.....
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:40:41 EDT
In a message dated 05/02/2000 6:29:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vintagegarage@erols.com writes:

<<
 Gerald,
    Pappy Reese of Coral Gables, Florida built a similar car about 1965 for
 CSR.  It was driven by Dr. Sheldon Dobkin with much success in South
 Florida.  Pappy sold the car to Bill Wilmeroth who owned European Motors in
 Miami, after Pappy built a Volvo powered BSR to replace it.  Bill crashed
 the CSR in his first outing with the car at the inaugural event at
 Miami-Hollywood Speedway Park.  I don't know what happened to the car after
 the crash.

The Pappy Reese car was last (to my knowledge) owned by Jerry Milana who
bought European Auto Parts from John Raditz. Jerry autocrossed it in the
South Florida area during the period 1982-1988.  I considered buying it from
Jerry for vintage racing, but wasn't sure how well it would be accepted
(about 1988). It had lost its original bodywork and was sort of a mixture of
aluminum and fiberglas bits from who knows where. Last time I talked to Jerry
he was in Orlando (1991?).

That's about all I know about that one!

Jack Woehrle
Cooper Car co.