Re: Racing with overdrives

To: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Subject: Re: Racing with overdrives
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:02:21 EST
In a message dated 1/24/00 9:15:22 PM Pacific Standard Time, Ccanepa50 writes:

<< on Mike Kramers race healey 100-4 his overdrive was  best used in third
gear as a 1/2 step up instead of 4th, there is  no clutching or shifting so
it has a very constant pull thru the transition........I   had that same
overdrive on my BJ8 healey 3000, got to just love that 3rd gear overdrive, it
just pulled and pulled  forever .....especially useful on climbs in the
mountains but just grand in any pedal down stuation >>

Chuck,

Road going overdrives are very good.  I have a late gearbox/overdrive on my
'67 MGBGT road car and the od on 3rd is as you say.  I just can't see an od
for racing and would be interested to know who get good use of one on the
track and where