Re: VDCA Membership

To: tshirley@vol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VDCA Membership
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:40:49 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 6:08:53 PM Central Standard Time, tshirley@vol.com
writes:

<< I've got a couple of questions though. There seems to be no way to obtain
 membership or contact them on their website. How is that done?>>

Eventually, the website will have a membership link.  Right now you can use
the discussion board as a contact source.  Additionally, you can contact VDCA
either by e-mail at VDCA2000@aol.com or by snail mail at VDCA, Box 370044,
Birmingham, Alabama 35237-0044.  A newsletter was mailed this week and
contained a membership application.  Dues are $50 a year.  For that $50 you
get a $50 reduction in entry fees for each VDCA event, a newsletter, typical
racing trinkets and free admission to any VDCA event where you are not a
participant.

 <<I'm also curious as to the financial side of things. Fifty one people
 renting Roebling for 2 or 3 days makes me wonder what the entry fees are
 like, what membership costs are, etc.>>

The entry fee for each VDCA event in 2000 is $250 for members and $300 for
non members.  There is no additional charge for enduros.  We are a nonprofit
club without a large full-time staff so our expenses are lower than some of
the "for-profit" vintage organizations.  The founding members have adequately
capitalized the club, so there will be no need to gouge participants.

Actually, 51 people renting Roebling at $250 a head can turn a profit until
you factor in the cost of the parties.  We consumed 6 cases of high-end
champagne, 12 bushels of oysters and two large pigs, which shot the heck out
of our budget, but all for a worthy cause -- having a great time.

David Whiteside