Re: starter motor help needed, and a suggestion

To: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: starter motor help needed, and a suggestion
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:47:38 -0400
Good point - I also thought like Brian until I read you reply. My
problem last weekend was that poor contact on the main [high current]
contacts had spark eroded one of them so much that even though the
solenoid moved it didn't make the connection. But I'll have to
re-inspect to see if the battery lead can indeed be routed to the "other
side" for your idea to work.

Incidentlly the problem on high rpm motors is vibration - certainly not
heat on my installation.

Derek