Re: starter motor help needed, and a suggestion

To: brian@uunet.ca
Subject: Re: starter motor help needed, and a suggestion
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:01:41 EDT

<<
 >So I'm running a big ford, just under 1.9 litres, and running up to 7000
 rpm.  My theory is that the vibration beats up the solenoid. What is your
 experience -  does the motor itself give problems usually, or can you fix it
 by changing the solenoid?  What do the guys with BDD's do? Those have about
 the same stroke as my motor (85mm bore by 82mm stroke).

 >Brian >>

Brian,

I would consider by passing the solenoid switch on the starter with a jumper
wire and using a standard Ford style remote solenoid mounted in a convient
spot somewhere where vibration is not an issue.  The Ford solenoid is also
wonderfull for attaching your remote starter when tuning.  This is a very
popular mod for Chevy hotrodders to avoid the heat on the starter from
exhaust headers which could be part of the problem.

Good luck.

rod