Re: desktop thrills!

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, schaiken@e-chemicals.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: desktop thrills!
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:24:04 EST
> I've had a look at it on a friend's PC.  Was curious if you had the same
>  problems as him.  The steering responses seemed slow, and he had to turn
the
>  background graphics off, or the system would intermittently stop and/or
lock
>  up.  The cars and the races are very cool....what a great concept.  Just
> wish
>  it worked better than the version I saw.  BTW, he has a Dell 300 MHz PII
> with
>  plenty of RAM, and Win95, and wheel and pedals, so it should have worked???

Myles,

I'm puzzled by the slow response given the computer horsepower.  I got the
game for xmas and am running it on a lowly generic P200-MMX.  I wish I had a
wheel...with my joystick I'd like to slow the steering down a bit!  It is
running fine with all the graphics turned on.  A really neat game :-)

Cheers,

Ken Payne
Vintage Saab Racing Group