Re: The Perfect Vintage Race Car

To: CLCSF@aol.com
Subject: Re: The Perfect Vintage Race Car
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:36:29 -0500
Cooper Monaco with 2.5 Climax.  It's a vintage RACER, in that it's a sports
racer, it has impeccable lineage, and looks and goes great.  Price shows
good value for what you get, parts availability is fine (if you can afford
the car, you can also afford the parts )  and it's British, so normally
driven in the rain with top down, just like all real cars.

Having graduated this year from race prepped production cars to purpose
built race cars (Merlyn!) my perfect vintage race definitely didn't come off
any production line!!!

Brian

At 11:12 AM 12/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>What is the perfect vintage racer?
>Here are the specifications; Acceptable by all venues, Reasonably priced, All
>weather (for The Glen), Parts availability, Club support, and Historically
>significant:  Conclusion 750 Series Alfa Sprint. Any other nominations?

Brian Evans
Director, Carrier Sales
UUNET, an MCI WorldCom Company
(416) 216 5111