Re: Oil Filters

To: malcox@napanet.net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oil Filters
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 13:34:34 EST
In a message dated 11/27/98 12:59:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
malcox@napanet.net writes:

<< Can anyone advise if there is any cross reference between the type of
 filter a MGB would use and Detroit iron.  >>

There are two Fram spin-on filters that work with almost any British
situation.

They are PH2870A that is designed for the early VW Rabbits. This filter has a
relief valve which I don't like on race cars, but I used this filter for years
on MGB's and Minis.

I finally checked the Fram buyer's guide and found the PH3639 is the same size
but has no relief valve. This filter is listed for Datsun 2000 applications.

Recently I have found some really neat filters under the K&N label. The HP2009
fits the above situations. I like the K&N's because they have a safety wire
provision. The HP2009 does have a valve. I intend to see if they have a
similar one without it.

Jack Woehrle