end of season engine service

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: end of season engine service
From: YCAPTAIN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 20:42:30 EST
Hello All
Ok the season is over I put 8 races on a new Mini Cooper engine...two were
schools the other 6 I pushed it pretty hard and did foolish things that you
would expect a new driver to do...over rev, miss shifts ect. Now with all that
said I am not to sure what is the best road to take to make sure the engine is
up and ready for next season. At season end it was running great....One person
said if it ain't broke don't fix it, another said tear it down ...all new
bearings, rings completly go thru it. My question is who is right or is it
some where in between. Here's hoping some of you more experence guys who have
owned and race their cars for some time can give me the answer.
Thanks in advance for your help
David
67 Mini Cooper S  12 to 1 compression ratio