Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't be in Monterey this weekend.....

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Top 10 Reasons Why I Won't be in Monterey this weekend.....
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:18:02 EDT
With apologies to Letterman.....

10.  100,000+ Porsche drivers all trying to get the 1 parking place in front
of the Rio Grille.
9.  Could not get the gold chain concession franchise for the weekend.
8.  Thought the 90-day minimum hotel stay at Motel 6 a bit excessive.
7.  Heard Tarpy's was being converted into a Bier Garten.
6.  Thought $40 entry fee to Concours Italiano (the formerly free concours)
was a bit excessive for a picnic with no food included.
5.  After beating them all season, couldn't find any Porsche racers willing to
give me an extra crew pass.
4.  Heard the commemorative event polo shirts were really lederhosen this
year.
3.  Couldn't remember my favorite Porsche joke with the punch line, "everybody
has one".
2.  Just found out they're not celebrating the 50 years of Lotus.

and, the Number One reason, I won't be in Monterey this weekend (or any other
HMSA weekend)....

1.  Just two words, Steve Earle......

Myles H. Kitchen
1965 Lotus (celebrating 50 years of Lotus) Cortina Mk1 #128