Re: Alternator Installation

To: "Vintage Race List" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Alternator Installation
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:54:00 -0600
Some model of Kubota tractor uses the fan hub in a similar method and
it's only about big as your fist.
There are some aircraft homebuilts using them; check it out.
Tony

 Dunst wrote:

 Sometime in the recent past I met an engineer who had (a novel?)
idea.
 His response to the alternator question was a simple solution.
 He developed a water pump pully that acted like the armature of an
 alternator and pressed onto the water pump housing the electronics
 to make the revolving pully make the electricity.  Now, this seems
 to make sense -i.e. using the revolving water pump make electricity.