Re: Alternator Installation

To: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Alternator Installation
From: Barton Spencer Brown <bartbrn@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:27:56 -0500
Dick Carlson wrote:
>Think I saw that very mechanism in a Moroso catalog - I know I've seen them in
>someone's hotrod catalog.
>
> --
> Dick

Hmmm...don't think so -- Moroso carries electric water pumps for both
drag and street applications, but that's kind of the reverse idea....
What are we trying to accomplish here?

If all that's needed is a small, "hideable" alternator, check out Shogun
Enterprises (don't have the address at my toes, but if this is what
someone's looking for, I'll get it). I actually have one of these, an
older model that was made primarily for drag applications, and doesn't
use a belt -- the perimeter of the housing has a toothed rubber ring
that was held in tension against the crank pulley. There's a street
model now that uses a belt -- this thing is about 3-1/2 to 4 inches in
diameter, and only 2-3 inches deep.

Let me know if interested, and I'll dig up the info.

Bart Brown