Re: SSP#2 -S800 (com. interest)-3rd reply

To: S800Racer@aol.com, FHammett@aol.com, dwilson@america.net,
Subject: Re: SSP#2 -S800 (com. interest)-3rd reply
From: DWhitesdJr <DWhitesdJr@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 22:57:02 EST
In a message dated 98-01-03 22:40:35 EST, S800Racer@aol.com writes:

<< Any SVRA group 4 guys on this list?  I believe they have a very competitive
 season long points championship and they pride themselves on having very few
 incidents.  >>

>From a "Group Four" guy.

We do have a season long championship (Dunlop Cup) with significant prizes at
the end (Sets of Dunlop tires, etc.) and few incidents.  Aside from the
obvious peer pressure controls in Group Four, there is one other control
feature in our championship -- an incident causes you to loose all points FOR
THE ENTIRE YEAR.

I think the SVRA, under Frank Rupp, tried to copy that ideal during the first
years of the Paine Weber Endurance Championship.  I don't know whether those
rules still apply.

                                              David Whiteside
                                              SVRA Group Four  (pre-1960
Sport-Racers)