Re: New Improved Team List ( removes stubborn stains )

To: Vintage Race <VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Improved Team List ( removes stubborn stains )
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:22:44 +0800
DWHitesJr wrote:
>If you publish the list with the e-mail addresses, we will all get spammed.  I
>don't see any problem with Victory Lane publishing the names, mottos, etc., of
>the teams.

Actually, I don't see any problem in publishing the list with e-mail
addresses. Okay so once in a while you get some advertising stuff but just
like posts that don't interest me on this list (yes, really, it does happen
occasionally). Sometimes, I actually find SPAM for thinghs I'm interested
in, such as car related stuff and so forth. The porn and offers of riches
beyond my wildest dreams I can just delete in a second (but then I would say
that wouldn't I ;-)). Frankly I would rather be spammed than cold called by
telephone. If I want to be removed from a list I just reply to the spammer
and ask them to remove me. I don't really see what the problem is on this
front. I can handle somewhere in the region of 300 mails a week incoming for
business plus spam plus mailing list discussions etc. Am I the only person
who sees enticing spam offers as a function of capitalism rather than a
savage invasion of my virtual priuvacy as many folk seem to believe?

Oh, and no spam replies, please! :-)

Regards,

Patrick

p.s. On a socio-historical-cultural note, did the list realise that the
British "meat" (for want of a better description) SPAM beloved of Monty
Python sketches shut down production on Christmas Eve in England and have
moved it to (I think) Denmark?