Re: Scuderia Illa Gitima -Reply

To: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Scuderia Illa Gitima -Reply
From: ply@adtrading.com (Patrick Young)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:22:38 +0800
<snip>
><<By the way what is a 1997 Ford Falcon?

<snip>

Jeremy Braithwaite wrote:
>You're pretty correct with your assumptions .. the Aussie Falcon can trace
>its roots back to the same car of the 1960's.
>
>We got V8 fever around the same time as the 289's were being put into the
>Mustang.  The largest engine we ever saw was the 351 and today we're back
>with the 302 - (5 litres for those of you on the list who don't understand
>the American measure!)
>
>Our car is a XR8 which is the current high performance version with a 5
>speed box.  The car is built by Tickford which takes the base vehicle off
>the Ford production lines and adds their bits which are mainly handling
>plus a body variant.
>The suspension was sorted by a combination of Stephen Hoinville and John
>Bowe.
>
>Steve works for Tickford and won the Grand Prix Rally a couple of years ago
>with his old man Graham who is part of the heirarchy at CAMS - the Aussie
>FIA affiliate and motorsport governing body.
>
>John Bowe is a Ford works driver - he runs one of  the Dick Johnson Racing
>Falcons - and one of the best steerers in the country.
>
>The end result is a big comfortable car with quite good performance by any
>standard at a very affordable price.  It's a good tow car and performs
>amazingly well on the circuit itself.
>
>regards
>
>Jeremy Braithwaite
>Age & Treachery Racing Australia

Oh, and as a standard road car, the ordinary Ford Falcon rates alongside the
conventional Holden Commodore as two of the best large saloons currently
available anywhere imho.

As for their tuned variants, be they the Tickford Falcons such as Jeremy's
or the (Walkinshaw) HSV Commodore's well they are just awesome.

Their only problem when towing is remembering that you have a trailer on behind!

Festives etc.

Patrick