RE: SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios -Reply

To: "'Jeremy Braithwaite'" <ATROZ@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios -Reply
From: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 13:22:35 +1100
Jeremy wrote....

"You should ofcourse be addressing the tintop and taxi racing comments =
Andrew  "the Axeman" Pursey.

BTW the Axeman tag has nothing to do with any homicidal tendancies that
Andrew may or may not display on and off the circuit .... rather it =
refers
to the old english registration number on his Morris.  If truth be told =
its
probably worth more than the car!"

Just for the record. =20

The registration number on the Oxford was AXE845, but it is now on HSRCA =
Club Plate No 55 - the original registration number is actually an =
Australian one (and I've got the plates on hold, ready to go on another =
road vehicle).  The car had been in continuous road registration from =
1955 and had only had two previous owners.  Then this eccentric =
Englishman decided to build it up as a Group Na racer - and I've still =
got the car and I'm still eccentric.

Jeremy, and others, have been known to refer to the Oxford as the racing =
Indian taxicab due to the fact that the Oxford was used as the basis for =
the Hindustan Ambassador, which has been the mainstay of the Indian =
taxicab fleet for many years.

The Axeman tag actually goes a long way back to the 70s and 80s and was =
a reflection of my management style.  But these days, as Jeremy (or =
Saab) will testify, I'm mild, reasonable, caring, understanding, =
non-aggressive, etc - which is why I take the opportunity of sending =
fellow listers my wish that you all have a highly competitive, but safe, =
1998 racing season.

....regards...Andrew "Axeman" Pursey....1955 Morris Oxford (racing in =
Group Na pre'58 Classic Saloons), 1956 Morris Isis (almost a daily =
driver) and 1996 Saab 900S Coupe (quality worse than most LBCs and Saab =
attitude to customers worse than BL ever was back in the 70s - don't buy =
a Saab)....alternate email saabsux@hotmail.com