Re: Australian Group R

To: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: Australian Group R
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 06:17:41 -0800
Andrew Pursey wrote:

> I know that we've had threads on similar topics in the past, but - what is
>happening overseas with regard to getting later cars, particularly genuine
>ex-racecars, recognised as a Historic category?  Surely we can draw a
>comparison with the US or UK - any suggestions out there in Cyberspace?

For now, the SCCA Vintage program in Florida is holding to the pre-1973
cut-off date.  This is due mainly to our being just another group on the
normal SCCA program so we must compete for track time with the other
Club Racing groups.  So far, we are holding our own in this regard by
consistantly being one of the largest, single class grids - including
the IT cars!!!  Other programs (SVRA, HSR, etc.) are moving toward
accepting newer cars.

*8o)