Re: Climate Question

To: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Climate Question
From: Dennis Murphy <dennism@elginsweeper.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:23:16 -0600 (CST)
Simon,

Don't know what the others do but I drain the radiator & block and put in
anti-freeze, of course I drive mine on the street well into the fall. In the
spring I drain it again, save the anti-freeze mixture, flush it and put in
water & Red Line. The Jaguar owner manual calls this "Forecourt maintanence".

By the way, it's snowing here this AM.

At 10:44 AM 12/9/97 PST, you wrote:
>We all know that there isn't really any weather in California, but a
>question has been bothering me for a while.
>
>Since Glycol is banned at most tracks, what do people in cold climates
>do to their race cars for winter storage?  Drain the water with Water
>Wetter and put in anti-freeze for the winter?  Drain the water and leave
>it dry for the winter?  Park it in Uncle Elmo's heated garage next to
>the Bentley?  Inquiring minds want to know.
>
>We also all know that if you race, there are only 2 seasons: racing
>season and lying season. ;=)
>
>Happy Holidays.

Dennis Murphy
Geneva, IL