Re: Book - "Vintage Racing British Sports Cars : A Hands on Guide to Buy

To: rgk@flash.net, VINTAGE-RACE@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Book - "Vintage Racing British Sports Cars : A Hands on Guide to Buying and Tuning"
From: joneda@aud.alcatel.com (David A. Jones)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 17:33:31 -0600
Hi,
  My MGB is a '74 1/2...the 74 models had chrome bumpers, with small overriders,
  the 74 1/2 have chrome bumpers with larger black overriders, and the
  75 models had big black one piece rubber bumbers with the raised ride
  height.

  So my MGB should be pretty close to the '72 specs.

Actually when I was rebuilding the MGB I ported and polished the head.  I was
working with a machinest and he was my 'teacher' and I got reduced labor
costs this way and also learned a bunch.

As for taking the TR 4A racing, I would most likely keep the engine stock
for the first year, making impovements to the appearance and handling most
likely.

Later,
David