Re: Lotus 30/40

To: "Chapman Era List" <chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lotus 30/40
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:03:44 -0500
.

> Tony Clark added:
> >Does anyone know of any effort toward building a replica of the 30?

Erik Berg responded:

> Hooo boy.  Now there's an interesting thought.

Yeah, I'm thinking sort of a "Westfield" approach, looks the same but a
good ol' overdone tube frame and provision for propriatory "corners",
'vette or something, a junkyard Ford smallblock and one of those beefed
P****he transaxles that the kit car guys use . . . We'd have to get
David Whiteside to loan us a 30  for a "splash" body mold.

Imagine, Lotus mystique and looks, "hairy" V-8 noise and power . .
YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaah!

Tony