Re: HELP

To: SGHT@aol.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: HELP
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:43:51 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Sam,
        I'm always glad to see another 'Jap car' brought out for vintage racing.
 (Mine is a 1967 Honda S-800)  I have recently put a set of Hoosiers on my
car.  (Street TD A70 x13)  At about $90.00 per tire, I thought they were
quite inexpensive.  The grip and feel is excellent and they are very
forgiving.  Other drivers have also told me the Hoosiers have lasted a long
time for them.  The only real criticism that I know of is that the tires
develop a sort of "flat spot" while the car is parked.  It goes away after
one or two laps, but when you first go out on the track it feels like
something is broken.  Overall, I am very impressed with the Hoosiers so far.
 I had used Dunlop vintage tires prior to the Hoosiers and they were good,
but much more expensive than the Hoosiers.
        I'll be at Watkins Glen this year.  I'll look for your car and introduce
myself.

Doug Meis