Re: Victory Lane

To: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Subject: Re: Victory Lane
From: Grand_Wazoo <Grand_Wazoo@mail.flinet.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:52:21 -0800
Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS) wrote:

> Listers,
>    I just picked up the February issue of Victory Lane.. I guess I'm a
> bit behind.  This issue is outstanding, as are all issues, with two
> great stories about the Florida SCCA region races last November and
> December.

We are blessed by having our very own "publicist" Meredydd Francke who
is also a vintage racer (TR4 but not e-mail enabled) and a good writer
as well.  We have 6-8 events a year and she usually writes a little
article for each of them.  She also writes for SCCA's Sportscar magazine
to cover the SCCA national races here in Florida.  Photos usually be
either Meredydd, her husband Ken(H production Sprite) or my wife Sandy
(Beach Formula V)

> On page 27 is a picture of the vintage-race list's own John
> Rollins, and the results from December 28 show him the big winner!..
> Guess he's too modest to toot his own horn, so I'll do it for him..
> great job John!

John is an every race front runner and is the most consistent driver you
could possibly share track space with.  He is also our vintage race
group representative to the SCCA region and as such upholds our
interests with the race board and others.  We invite anyone to visit his
web site

www.netcom.com/~nobozos

and keep up with our SCCA vintage race schedule.  With enough planning
ahead and proper documentation, we might get any of you entered in one
of our races.  There is a licensing process but we have another racer
that is a licensing steward and can work with someone who has
satisfactory recent experience and a vintage legal car.

Well, we are off to the races, an SCCA vintage race at Moroso over
Easter weekend.

Mike Jackson